1. Be gentle and kind
2. Show respect to everyone you meet (whether you think they deserve it or not)
3. Pay attention to the little things (often that makes you stand out from the crowd)
4. Do everything wholeheartedly, with passion and love
5. Be flexible, adaptable, and open to change
6. Don’t complicate your life with lots of oughts, musts and shoulds
7. Encourage other people to be all that they can be.
(via Give your friends the finger when these new emoji arrive on your phone The pictographs that you see on your smartphone keyboard are about to get a big upgrade. Unicode, an industry standard that regulates the presentation of text across different software platforms, updated today to include 250 new emoji, the Unicode Consortium says. It will be up to the makers of Unicode member platforms like iOS and Android to implement the new standard and develop pictographs to represent the emoji, each of which Unicode describes only with a few tantalizing words. The new emoji will include Derelict House Building, Wind Blowing Face, Man in Business Suit Levitating, Spy or Sleuth, and the much-requested Notched Right Semicircle With Three Dots, among many others.
If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the years, it’s that it only takes one person, one patient, one moment to change your life forever, to change your perspective, colour your thinking. To force you to re-evaluate everything you think you know. To make you ask yourself the toughest questions: Do you know who you are? Do you know what’s happened to you? Do you want to live this way?